Access The Production Plan
First, access the production plan:
- Head to Digital Kitchen Management > Production Planner > Production Plans.
- Against the required production plan, select [EDIT].
Within the top section of the production plan, the following information is available:
- Production Plan: Displays the name of the production plan.
- Sales Date: Displays the sales date that the production plan is for.
- Day Of Week: Displays the day of the week that the sales date falls on.
- Predicted Sales: Displays the predicted net sales total for the day, based on previous sales (below). It is this which the initial production plan quantities are based on.
Additionally, the following previous sales information is available:
- Period 1: The date range that this period is looking at is shown, as well as the net sales projection which is based on sales on the same day of the week within the date range shown. The predicted sales value for the plan is based on net sales within this period.
- Period 2: The date range that this period is looking at is shown, as well as the net sales projection which is based on sales on the same day of the week within the date range shown.
Review The Suggested Production Plan Quantities
Within the production plan whilst in Pending state, review the Planned Qty against each product in each section shown.
The planned quantity is based on sales of the relevant products on the same day of the week within the Period 1 date range.
The layout and timeslots within each section is displayed as per the Production Plan Configuration.
Once the planned quantities have been reviewed, either select:
- [EDIT PLAN] to progress the plan to the Editing state to make changes as per the Next Section.
- [APPROVE PLAN] to approve the plan and progress to the Approved state. The plan can then be printed as covered in This Section if required.
Edit The Production Plan Quantities (If Required)
Within a production plan in Editing state, the following can be edited:
Editing Predicted Sales
If the predicted sales total shown within the plan is different than actual predicted sales for the day (e.g. higher sales are expected to do an event, or better weather), then the predicted sales within the plan can be edited which in turn will proportionally increase (or decrease) the planned quantities within the plan.
To update the predicted sales total, against Predicted Sales select [EDIT].
Within the Predicted Sales window:
- Current Predicted Sales: Displays the current predicted sales total.
- New Predicted Sales: Enter the new predicted sales total.
Select [REGENERATE PLAN].
The production plan will then refresh and all planned quantities within the plan will increase (or decrease) proportionally based on the same rate that the sales were increased (or decreased).
If required, individual product planned quantities can then be edited as covered in the Next Section.
Editing Individual Quantities
Individual product quantities can be edited within the plan if required.
To do so, locate the relevant product(s) within the relevant section(s) of the plan.
Against each product:
- Previous Period 1 Qty: Displays the original planned quantity based on period 1 sales.
- Previous Period 2 Qty: Displays recent usage based on period 2 sales, for reference only.
- Planned Qty: Update the planned quantity for the product.
Repeat until all products are updated as required.
Once complete, select [APPROVE PLAN] to approve the plan and progress to the Approved state. The plan can then be printed as covered in the Next Section if required.
Print The Production Plan
A production plan in Approved state can be printed if required.
To print all sections within the plan, select [PRINT PLAN] in the top section of the plan.
To print individual sections within the plan independently, select [PRINT] against the head of the relevant section within the plan.
Complete The Production Plan
You do not need to complete a production plan.
Once the sales date of the production plan has passed, the production plan will automatically progress to the Completed state to archive the plan.
After 7 days have passed, the production plan is automatically deleted and is no longer available.