Create The Line Check
Before completing a line check, you should ensure that all necessary pending stock records (e.g. Supplier Orders, Wastage) have been completed.
To create a line check:
- Head to Period Management > Line Checks > Line Checks.
- Select [NEW LINE CHECK].
In the New Line Check window:
- Template: Select a Line Check Template from the list
- Select [CREATE].
You'll then be taken into the line check.
At the top of the line check, review and enter the following:
- Created By: Displays the user that created the line check.
- Create Date Time: Displays the time that the line check was created.
- Line Check Date Time: Select the date and time that the line check count physically occurred.
Enter The Line Check Counts
Within the Line Check Items section of the line check:
- Against applicable products, enter counts into the relevant Quantity column(s).
- Note that:
- Counts can be entered into multiple quantity fields against the same product if required; the overall count total will be summed up based on the pack sizes.
- A count must be entered against products marked with "Required".
- A green tick indicates that your count has been stored. If you do not see this, stop the count and check your connection.
Once the counts have been completed, select either:
- [CALCULATE] to progress the line check to Calculated state and compare the line check count against the expected quantity for each product.
- [UPDATE LINE CHECK] to save the line check in Preparation state if the line check needs to be marked as Calculated later.
Review The Line Check Variances
Once the line check is in Calculated state, the following is shown for each product:
- Total Count: Displays the total count declared in the line check.
- Expected Qty: Displays the quantity in stock expected at the Line Check Date Time.
- Variance Qty: Displays the difference between the Expected Qty and Total Count.
Note that any variance shown is for information only; the balance of the stock is not adjusted.
Complete The Line Check
Once the line check variances have been reviewed, to close the line check, select [COMPLETE].