The Transaction Customer Assignment feature works alongside the Cash Up feature in Centegra Plus. While Customer Accounts are usually assigned to transactions automatically for reporting, the Transaction Customer Assignment feature enables manual assignment when automation isn't feasible. During cash up counts, transactions with flagged payment media requiring customer details are displayed, and manual assignment is necessary before approving the cash up.
Assigning A Customer To A Transaction
When entering a cash up count, if there are any transactions which contain a payment media that is flagged for requiring a customer, the transaction is shown within the cash up towards the top of the page.
To assign a customer to the transaction, against the transaction select [ASSIGN TO CUSTOMER].
Within the Assign To Customer window:
- Customer Name: Select the customer from the list.
- Select [ASSGIN TO CUSTOMER].
The customer is now assigned to the customer.
Repeat for additional transactions shown until all are assigned a customer.
If required, within the cash up a customer can be removed from a transaction by selecting [REMOVE TRANSACTION], but another customer must be selected before the cash up can be approved.
Note that in addition to the cash up section, the Transaction Customer Assignment dashboard widget is also available, allowing assignment to be done via the dashboard too throughout the day.
First, this feature must be enabled at company level.
- Head to the Company Setup section via Company Settings > Company.
- Select the Global Settings tab.
- Enable the Cashup Checks For Customer Assignments option.
- Select [SAVE COMPANY].
Next, select the payment media types which which should have a customer associated with them, if payment media assigned to the media type has been used within a transaction.
- Access the payment Media Type via Company Settings > Payments > Media Types.
- Select the Transactions Must Have Customer Assigned option.
- Select [SAVE MEDIA TYPE].