Access The Cash Up
This article assumes that the cash up has already been created as covered in This Article. If you are not already in the cash up ready to enter the count:
- Head to Revenue Management > Cash Up.
- Locate the required Pending cash up and select [EDIT].
Before Entering The Cash Up Count
Before entering the count, in the top section of the cash up:
- Start Date & End Date: Check that these are correct. The expected values in the cash up will be based on all transactions that took place between these times.
- Sales Date: Check that this reflects the correct Sales Date being cashed up.
Also in the top section, if applicable:
- Description: Update the cash up description. (Cannot be edited if Quick Cash Up is enabled.)
- Bag Number: Enter the number of the bag that cash in this cash up is sealed in.
- Notes: Enter any cash up notes. (Notes may be mandatory if using the custom Day Notes feature.)
Enter The Cash Up Count
Confirm the cash details, then go to the Cash Up Counts section.
The Cash Up Counts section is laid out as per the select Cash Up Count Template.
Follow the template to enter count values for each type of money into the Count Value column. If counting by quantity, enter the number of notes/coins, not their value. Counts for integrated payments may fill in automatically if configured.
Repeat for each denomination until the count is complete.
Note that the Deposit Count To column shows the account (and it's Account Type) that the money will go into once the cash up is approved.
As the count is entered, per media type the total count is shown alongside the expected amount based on transactions, and any variance. An overall total is also shown at the bottom of the count form. (Note that these are hidden from view if Blind Cash Up is enabled.)
After Entering The Count
Once the count has been entered, the cash up can be approved.
To approve the cash up, select [APPROVE].
This will progress the cash up to Approved state and, as per the Cash Up Count Template, will:
- Generate Automatic Bank Deposits to Bank type site accounts based on the counts entered.
- Update the balance of Cash type site accounts based on the counts entered.
- Update the balance of Control type site accounts based on the counts entered.
If you are not quite ready to approve the cash up just yet, you can either:
- Leave the cash up in Pending state if further edits are required, by selecting [SAVE].
- Move the cash up to Counted state if checks are needed before approval, by selecting [COUNTED].
You will then need to return later to approve the cash up.