The GL Codes For Sales feature allows you to create and maintain a GL Codes matrix based on a product master group to price level type relationship.
For example, assigning GL codes and descriptions for sales split by:
- Eat In Food
- Eat In Drink
- Take Out Food
- Take Out Drink
- Delivery Food
- Delivery Drink
Typically, this is used reporting sales against GL codes and description within Custom Reports & Extracts.
Enabling The Feature
The GL Code For Sales feature is only available if enabled for the company. To enable this:
- Head to Company Settings > Company.
- Select the GL Code Management tab.
- Enable GL Code Sales Mapping By Price Level And Master Group.
- Select [SAVE COMPANY].
You need to ensure that users have rights to access this section too. For more details, Click Here.
Assigning GL Codes
To assign GL codes to the product master group and price level type matrix:
- Head to Company Settings > Account Setup > GL Codes For Sales.
A table containing all price level types and product master groups is shown by default*. If required, you can filter the list based on:
- Price Level Type: To display only the selected price level type(s).
- Stock Master Group: To display only the selected master group(s).
Against each row where required, enter:
- GL Code: Enter the GL code for the product master group and price level type combination.
- GL Name: Enter the GL name for the product master group and price level type combination.
As you exit each field, the border will change green to indicate that the change you have made has been saved immediately.
*Note that if any new product master groups or price level types have been created recently, these will not show by default. Select [REFRESH GL CODE MATRIX] to update the table with the new product master groups and/or price level types. You can only do this when logged into a head office site.