To edit an existing user role:
- Head to User Management > User Roles.
- Locate the required user role and select [EDIT].
Within the existing user role, you can:
Ensure that you select [SAVE ROLE] to save any changes before leaving the user role.
Note that changes made to a user role will affect all users assigned to that user role.
Adjust User Role Settings
Within an existing user role, the following settings can be changed:
- Name: Enter a name for the user role. This is what you see when assigning the user role to users.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the user role.
- Auto Add Sites: Select this to automatically assign access to all sites for users assigned to this user role. (For more details, Click Here.)
Adjust User Role Rights
To updates rights against a user role:
- Enter search parameters to locate specific rights (if required) using:
- Right Name: To only return role rights with your search term in the name.
- Right Section: To only return role rights within the selected section(s).
- Select [SEARCH].
Against each user role right, you can select as follows:
- View: Select to allow users assigned to this role to view the section.
- Add New: Select to allow users assigned to this role to create new records within this section.
- Update: Select to allow users assigned to this role to edit existing records within this section.
- Delete: Select to allow users assigned to this role to delete existing records within this section.
Additionally, role rights for sections that allow progression through states allow you to specify the Maximum State that users assigned to the user role can progress to.
Note that in most cases, users cannot progress to the Completed state, however, having a Max State of Completed allows users assigned to the user role to have additional rights of performing roll backs in that section.