- NCR Silver
- NCR Silver Pro
Bottom of Form
Browse by categories
- NCR Silver
- Silver Commerce
- NCR Silver Pro Restaurant Edition
- NCR Console
- Silver Pro Restaurant
The magnetic stripe reader (MSR), available from NCR, enables you to accept credit card payments from your customers at your restaurant.
The following is a list of requirements to use an MSR with NCR Silver Pro Restaurant:
- A MagTek®iDynamo™ MSR, purchased from NCR.
The MagTek iDynamo MSR is uniquely encrypted for NCR Silver Pro. Other MSRs, not supplied by NCR, will not work with NCR Silver Pro.
- An Apple®iPad® device, iPad 2 or newer, with iOS 7.0 or later.
Swiping a Credit Card Through Your MSR
The following are a list of tips for sliding a credit card through your MagTek iDynamo MSR.
- Ensure the MSR is securely plugged into the device.
- Check to avoid magnetic interference from nearby devices.
- Slide the customer credit card with the undamaged magnetic stripe facing the magnetic read head. If the POS is facing toward you, hold the card with the magnetic stripe facing away from you. When you slide the card through the MSR, do so in a flat, smooth, and steady motion.
- Do not slide the card too slow or too fast through the MSR.
- Slide the card in a flat movement. Make sure the card is fully inside the adaptor, and do not lift the card too soon.
Troubleshooting Your MSR
If your MSR fails to recognize the sliding of a card, it may be necessary to re-initialize the MSR. If the MSR does not respond after re-initializing, verify the app recognizes the MSR as connected to the iPad.
Re-Initializing Your MSR
If your MSR fails to respond, it is necessary to re-initialize your MSR.
- At the order entry screen, tap to display the slide out menu.
- Tap RE-Init Mag Reader. The system re-initializes your MSR. When the process finishes, a Credit Card Reader prompt appears.
Tip: If you do not see the option to Re-Init Mag Reader, your device is not recognizing your MSR as connected. Close NCR Silver Pro Restaurant, disconnect the MSR, reconnect the MSR, and re-launch NCR Silver Pro Restaurant.