- Using Transaction Notifications
- Configuring Transaction Notifications
Within the Remote Orders section of the Operations Dashboard, it is possible to send notifications to customers about their order for platforms that support this feature.
Transactions notifications provide notification of a transaction event to a webhook assigned to the external source that provided the transaction.
For example, notifying when an order is ready to collect or if an order is going to be delayed.
This feature is only available to order platforms that support notification webhooks.
Using Transaction Notifications
Access the Operations Dashboard Remote Orders view for your site.
Against any transaction that has webhook configuration assigned to the transaction source, their are two notification buttons available to select:
- [READY!] is available against the order and will send an order ready notification to the customer to collect at the default Pick Up Point (if defined). A tick will show in the Notified column once sent.
- [NOTIFY] is available when selecting "+" to see more details against the order, and allows you to select any other type of notification.
When selecting the [NOTIFY] button, you'll be prompted to select the event type as follows:
- Event: Select the notification event.
- Pick Up Point; Select a pick up point for the notification, if applicable.
- Select [NOTIFY].
The transaction event will then be posted to the configured webhook URL.
Configuring Transaction Notifications
Transaction notifications are posted webhook URLs that are assigned to the Transaction Source.
- Head to Company Settings > Transaction Sources.
- Against the relevant transaction source, select [EDIT].
Within the Transaction Source Webhook Configuration section of the transaction source that should be enabled to receive remote order notifications:
- Select [ADD WEBHOOK CONFIG].
- Enter the Webhook URL and Header Param & Value.
- Select Enabled.
Repeat for each transaction source as required.
Pick Up Point Configuration
When declaring a transaction notification, it is possible to select a Pick Up Point to tell the customer or driver where to collect the order.
- Head to Company Settings > Site Setup > Pick Up Points.
- Select [NEW PICK UP POINT].
Within the New Pick Up Point page:
- Enter a Name for the pick up point.
- Select [SAVE].
Repeat to add additional pick up points if required.
To assign a pick up point as the default pick up point to be used when selecting the [READY!] button, access the pick up point using the [EDIT] button and select [MAKE DEFAULT].