The Periods feature serves as a central hub where sites efficiently manage regular stock and/or cash counts, providing control and insight into performance on a regular basis.
Within a period, users can encounter two sections: Stock Period and Cash Period. Visibility of these sections depends on the subscribed modules of the company.
Custom count sheets streamline the entry of stock and/or cash counts for each site. Following count input, an array of reports becomes available, enabling a comprehensive analysis of stock and/or cash management performance throughout the period.
Upon period completion, declared counts influence the update of stock and/or cash on hand balances. Data within the period's date range is securely locked down, preventing any future edits for accuracy and control.
The flexibility of periods allows for varying durations. For uniformity across all sites, the Company Periods feature ensures consistent management of period dates, fostering control and efficiency in capturing and analysing stock and/or cash movement data.
Information on each of the states that periods flow through:
- Current: The period is currently in progress. No action is required within the period.
- Period: The period has come to and end. Counts are being entered and results are being reviewed.
- Approved: The period has entered the first stage of being closed. Live stock and/or cash on hand balances have been updated as per the counts entered. It is no longer possible to edit records that fall within the period date range.
- Completed: The period has entered the final stage of being closed and is locked down indefinitely.
For information on period reporting, see:
For information on using periods, see:
- Periods: Create
- Periods: Enter Counts
- Periods: Count Review & Reporting
- Periods: Approve
- Periods: Complete
- Periods: Search
- Periods: Roll Back
- Periods: Delete
- Periods: FAQs & Troubleshooting
For information on counts entered into periods, see:
- Information on Stock Counts within the "Periods" feature.
- Information on Cash Counts within the "Periods" feature.
For information on additional Period features available, see: