[Note: In this example we will be using the Bixolon275III printer, the methods described below will apply to other Bixolon models also]
Connecting the Printer to your Network
- Ensure your printer is turned OFF by pressing the power button on the front of the printer.
O = OFF (Picture left)/ I = ON (Pictured right)
- Connect an Ethernet cable that is connected to your Network to back of the printer into the ETHERNET port.
- Turn your printer back ON.
- A successful network connection will result in a solid GREEN light and a blinking ORANGE light above the ethernet cable when your printer is turned on.
Setting up the Kitchen Printer in NCR Silver
- Open and login to the NCR Silver app, select the three lines at the top left and select Settings
- Select Kitchen Printers
- Select Add Local Printer if you want this printer to apply to this till station only, or select Add Shared Printer if you would like this printer to be added across your site's till systems using our inhouse server. This will take a few moments to refresh.
- Under Automatic Discovery you should be able to see the connected BIXOLON printer along side it's IP address.
- If no printers are showing in the list, then select Specify Printer Manually and enter the Printer's IP Address. For help obtaining the printer's IP address, please see this guide: How to get the IP address of your printer
- If printer are showing, then select IDENTIFY to confirm it is the correct printer you wish to use, and your printer will print out a small message to clarify.
- Once confirmed select the BIXOLON printer by touching corresponding arrow on the right
- Under Printer Settings give your printer a name, eg Kitchen Printer.
- Then select Select Kitchen Printer
- Under Kitchen Devices select the configuration you require (these are created in the Silver Backoffice under Kitchen Routing Setup and may differ from the examples below)
- Then select YES
- The selected configuration will now have a green tick to the right to indicate your choice, now select DONE
- You should now have your named printer with the chosen configuration named below it. You can select Print Test Receipt to confirm the connection, and your printer will print a confirmation message.
- Now select DONE.
- Select Settings then Close at the top left to go back to the main screen; now do a test print from an order to see if it working as it should.