To create a new user role:
- Head to User Management > Roles.
- Select [NEW ROLE].
User Role Settings
In the New Role page:
- Name: Enter a name for the user role. This is what you see when assigning the user role to users.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the user role.
- Copy From Role: When creating this role, if you want to create using the rights of an existing role, select the existing role. Otherwise, leave this blank.
Select [SAVE] to create the role.
User Role Rights
To assign rights to the new user role:
- Enter search parameters to locate specific rights (if required) using:
- Right Name: To only return role rights with your search term in the name.
- Right Section: To only return role rights within the selected section(s).
- Select [SEARCH].
Against each user role right, you can select as follows:
- View: Select to allow users assigned to this role to view the section.
- Add New: Select to allow users assigned to this role to create new records within this section.
- Update: Select to allow users assigned to this role to edit existing records within this section.
- Delete: Select to allow users assigned to this role to delete existing records within this section.
Additionally, role rights for sections that allow progression through states allow you to specify the Maximum State that users assigned to the user role can progress to.
Note that in most cases, users cannot progress to the Completed state, however, having a Max State of Completed allows users assigned to the user role to have additional rights of performing roll backs in that section.
Select [SAVE ROLE] to save any changes.