Products required only in Centegra Plus can be created directly within Centegra Plus as covered in this article. Products required on the POS should first be created within the POS system, which in turn will then get created automatically within Centegra Plus as per the POS integration soon after, where additional settings within Centegra Plus can be applied.
For more details on Centegra Plus Only products versus POS products, Click Here.
Important Information For Inventory Management Users
If you are creating a new product for Inventory Management purposes, the process varies depending on the type of inventory product being created.
Click Here to access specific Inventory Product configuration articles instead of using this article.
Create The Product
To create a new Centegra Plus product:
- Head to Product Management > Products.
- Select [CREATE CENTEGRA PLUS PRODUCT].
In the next page:
- Long Product Name: Enter the product name.
- Short Product Name: Copy the product name into this field.
- Code: Enter a code for the product. (If one is not required, simply copy the auto-generated PLU.)
- Stock Master Group: Select the master group that the product should report to.
- Stock Group: Select the group that the product should report to. (Based on the master group.)
Once entered, select either:
- [CREATE & EXIT] to create the product with no additional settings.
- [CREATE & ADD NEW PRODUCT] to create the product with no additional settings, and return to create a new product.
- [CREATE & ADD MORE DETAIL] to create the product and then access the product setup page define more settings. For more information on additional product settings, Click Here.