- Creating Product Attributes
- Assigning Attributes To Products
- Searching Products Using Attributes
The product attributes feature provides a way of tagging products within certain attributes. This can be used for:
- Making it easier to locate those products within Centegra Plus.
- Tagging products with tags required on menus as part of the Menu Management module.
For example, you may tag products based on the section of the menu that they are aligned with, or you may tag products that are applicable during certain seasons or promotional periods.
Product attributes are created and maintained at company level, and then can be assigned to products within the products section.
Product attributes are either private for use within the Centegra Plus back office only, or public for use within menus as part of the Menu Management module.
Creating Product Attributes
To create a product attribute:
- Head to Company Settings > Company.
- Select the Product Attributes tab.
- Select [CREATE PRODUCT ATTRIBUTE]
In the New Product Attribute window:
- Name: Enter a name for the attribute.
- Public: Select this if the attribute should be seen against the product when publishing menus containing this product, as part of the Menu Management module.
The product attribute is now available to assign to products.
Note that once assigned to products, product attributes cannot be edited or deleted.
Assigning Attributes To Products
Products are assigned to a product within the Additional Options section of the Product Detail tab within the Product Setup Page.
Simply select the Product Attributes to assign from those available within the list, and select [SAVE].
The product can then be searched for in the future using the assigned attribute(s).
Searching Products Using Attributes
Within the search panel of the products section accessed via Product Management > Products, you can search for products that contain Attributes.
If multiple attributes are selected, you can specify whether products to show in the search results should show [ANY] of the selected attributes or [ALL] of them.
Select search, and products containing the attributes will show in the search results.