Create The Cash Purchase
To create a cash purchase:
- Head to Inventory Management > Cash Purchases.
- Select [NEW CASH PURCHASE].
At the top of the New Cash Purchase page:
- Site: Displays the site that you are logged in to.
- Location: Select the location within the site that the cash purchase relates to.
- Description: Enter a description for the cash purchase.
- Purchase Reference: Enter a reference for the cash purchase,, if applicable.
- Purchase Date: Select the date and time that the cash purchase took place.
Information For Revenue Management Subscribers
If you are not subscribed to Revenue Management for cash ups, Click Here to skip this section.
This section is for information only for those declaring cash ups as part of Revenue Management. If you are happy with the default purchase account options provided within the Cash Purchase and are happy to continue without making any changes, Click Here to skip this section.
If you are subscribed to the Revenue Management module, the remaining options within the top section of the cash purchase are typically configured to populate by default and do not normally need to be changed. These options are:
- Cash Purchase From, which will specify if the cash purchase is being declared from the:
- Back Office - To reconcile cash purchase items against petty cash that has been declared through the POS already. The cash purchase can be done before or after the cash up count has been declared for the POS.
- Till - To declare petty cash through the POS virtually if not possible to declare via the POS system, which reconciles the cash purchase items against the petty cash at the same time. The cash purchase must be done before declaring the cash up count for the POS.
Depending on the option selected, you will see different options:
- If Back Office is selected:
- Paid From Account: Displays the account that the cash purchase will reconcile against. (This will be the same account that petty cash entered via the POS is deposited into, then the cash up gets approved.)
- If Till is selected:
- Till: Select the till that petty cash was taken from. (If a default till is set against your site for petty cash, this automatically populates with the till and cannot be changed.)
- Pay With: Displays the payment method being used to pay for the petty cash items.
Enter The Cash Purchase Items
Once all cash purchase details are entered, products can be selected.
To select a new product, select [NEW CASH PURCHASE ITEM].
In the blank row at the bottom of the list:
- Product: Select the product from the list.
- Qty: For inventory products, enter the quantity being purchased the relevant quantity field(s).
- Tax Code: Select the applicable tax code.
- Line Gross: Enter the gross purchase amount.
- Reason: Enter a reason for the product being purchased using petty cash, if applicable.
Repeat to add additional items.
Upload The Cash Purchase Receipt (Optional)
If required, you can upload a PDF or image of the petty cash receipt against the cash purchase record.
To do so, within the Upload File section of the cash purchase, enter:
Within the Upload File window:
- Folder: Select the File Manager folder to store the file within.
- Title: Enter a title for the file. (Recommendation: Enter the cash purchase reference.)
- Tags: If applicable, select tags to assign to the file.
Then select [CHOOSE FILE] and select the file from your device. (If using a mobile or tablet device, you can opt to take a photograph to upload.)
Then select [UPLOAD].
The file is now available both within the cash purchase, as well as the selected folder within file manager.
TIP: File Manager Folders can be restricted by section and site. Consider setting up specific Cash Purchase folders per site, to restrict file uploads to cash purchases only at each site.
Approve The Cash Purchase
If you are ready to approve the cash purchase, select [APPROVED].
- For Inventory Management, the stock on hand of any inventory product selected will increase.
- For Revenue Management, depending on the selected Cash Purchase From option, if:
- Back Office, the balance of the selected account will reduce based on the cash purchase total.
- Till, a transaction will be created against the selected till, thus reducing expected cash for that till by the petty cash amount when it comes to cashing up that till.
If you are not quite ready to approve the cash purchase just yet, select [SAVE CASH PURCHASE] to save the cash purchase in Preparation state, and return later to approve it.
Once all items are added, Upload A Cash Purchase File if required, then select either:
- [SAVE CASH PURCHASE] to save the cash purchase in Preparation state, to approve later on.
- [APPROVE] to approve the cash purchase.