Create The Supplier Order
To create a supplier order:
- Head to Inventory Management > Supplier Orders > Orders.
- Select [NEW ORDER].
In the New Order window:
- Supplier: Select the supplier from the list.
- Autofill Type: Select from one of the following options:
Creates a blank order containing no items. Products can be added at the next stage.
|Autofill Valid Products
Creates an order containing all enabled supplier products that have been flagged to "Include In Auto Order" as per the Product Setup for this supplier. Products can be added or removed at the next stage.
Creates an order based on a Supplier Order Template. Products can be added or removed at the next stage.
- Supplier Template: If the Template autofill type was selected, select the template from the list.
- Order Date & Time: Select the date and time that you expect to place the order.
Then select [CREATE ORDER].
Fill In The Supplier Order Details
Next, fill in the order details within the top section of the order:
- Location: Select the location within your site that the order is for.
- Time Until Order Cut-Off: Displays a countdown until the order cut of time, if Configured.
- Supplier: Displays the supplier that the supplier order is against.
- Description: Displays a default description for the order. This can be edited as required.
- Order Ref: Displays a default order reference for the order containing the supplier account number, if Configured. The reference can be edited as required.
Then, select the dates for this order:
- Order Date: Enter the expected order date for this order. Note that this will update automatically once the order is placed.
- Expected Date: Enter the expected delivery date for the order. This will populate by default based on the suppliers lead times and delivery days, if Configured.
Finally, if required, select:
- [ADD NOTES TO ORDER] to add notes to the order. (Note, these will be included in email orders.)
- [SEE SUPPLIER INFORMATION] to see ordering notes stored against the supplier as per the Setup.
Select The Supplier Order Products
Once all order details are entered, products can be added to the order.
Depending on the auto-fill type used when initially creating the order, products may already show in this section. If this is the case, against the existing rows you can adjust the Order Qty of the product within the order as required.
To add a new supplier product to the order, select [NEW ORDER ITEM].
In the blank row added at the bottom of the order:
- Supplier Product: Select the supplier product to order from the list.
- Order Qty: Enter the quantity to order based on the Size description shown.
- Unit Price: Displays the cost of the product from the supplier. If the supplier product cost is not set as "Contacted", the cost can be edited if required. (This updates the Product Cost History.)
For information only, the products Tax Rate and Net, Tax and Gross values are shown based on the cost.
Repeat until all supplier products are added into the order.
The overall total cost of the order is shown at the bottom of the page. As new items are added, you may need to select [SAVE & REFRESH TOTAL] to view the updated total order cost.
Once all items are added, either:
- If the order is to be sent to the supplier now, Click Here for details on sending orders.
- If the order is to be sent to the supplier later, select [SAVE & EXIT] to save in Preparation state.
- If the order is being entered retrospectively, and direct deliveries are enabled for the Supplier, select [DELIVER] to progress to the Delivered state. You'll then be prompted to enter the delivery date and invoice number before selecting [CONFIRM DELIVERY].
Note that it is possible to remove a line using the delete icon at the end of the row, but if the Order Qty quantity is zero, it will be removed automatically when the order is placed.