Product Costs Explained
Throughout Centegra Plus, Inventory Management product costs are updated on a last cost basis.
The cost of Supplied products at a each site is based on the latest cost within that site, which comes from:
- The cost in the most recent supplier order in the past 30 days. If no supplier order exists:
- The cost in the most recent cash purchase in the past 30 days. If no cash purchase exists:
- The transfer in cost of the most recent transfer into site in the past 30 days. If no transfer in exists:
- The cost stored against the most recently added supplier product that is stored against the supplied product and marked as 'enabled'.
The theoretical cost of Recipe products at each site is derived from the sum of the cost of all of its Supplied components. Therefore:
- To view the theoretical cost of a recipe at an individual site based on products received into that site, access the recipe whilst logged into that site.
- To view the theoretical cost of a recipe overall based on the general product setup, access the recipe when logged into the Head Office site. (Against the Head Office site, there should be no activity as per points 1 to 3 above, and therefore the costs are shown based on point 4.)
Viewing Product Costs
Costs In Inventory Reporting
- To view supplier costs stored against Supplied type products, see the Supplied Products Report.
- To view recipe costs stored against Recipe type products, see the Recipe Products Report whilst logged into the relevant site (or into the Head Office site as mentioned previously).
- To view the cost price history of a Supplied product at each site, see the Cost Price Analysis Report.
Costs Within Product Setup
You can view any recipe products theoretical cost within the product page.
As covered previously, the recipe cost shown here is based on the site that you are logged in to.
To view a recipes theoretical cost:
- Head to Product Management > Products.
- Complete a search to locate the product and then select [EDIT] then [PRODUCT].
The theoretical cost is shown beneath the recipe components, within the Recipes tab.
You can also see the theoretical margin against each available price for the product.
- Scroll to the bottom of the product page to the Additional Product Information section.
- Select [PRICES & COSTS].
The theoretical cost is shown alongside each available price level for the product, therefore displaying a gross profit margin percentage per price.