Create The Bank Deposit
To create a bank deposit:
- Head to Revenue Management > Bank Deposits.
- Select [NEW DEPOSIT].
In the New Bank Deposit page:
- Deposit To Bank Account: Select the bank account that cash is being deposited to. (This may show by default if configured within the Site Setup.)
- Reference: Enter a reference for the deposit, e.g. the deposit slip number. (This may show by default if configured within the Deposit Account Setup.)
- Deposit Date & Time: Enter the approximate time that cash is physically deposited at the bank.
- Sales Date: Select the Sales Date that cash in this deposit relates to. (Typically this will match the Sales Date of the cash up that the cash was counted in.)
Enter The Bank Deposit Value
Next, enter the deposit value against the account that cash is being deposited from, within the From Site Accounts section.
There are methods to enter the deposit value:
- Type In Manual Deposit Amount
- Deposit All Cash From Cash Ups Approved On The Selected Sales Date
- Deposit All Cash Within The Account
Type In Manual Deposit Amount
To enter a deposit value manually, simply enter the value into the Deposit Amount field against the account that the cash is being deposited from.
Deposit All Cash From Cash Ups Approved On The Selected Sales Date
To enter a deposit for the total amount of cash that was cashed up on the Sales Date selected within the bank deposit:
- Go to the bottom of the page to find the Deposit Calculator section. It displays all approved cash-ups with the same Sales Date as the selected deposit.
- Against each cash up, select the Bank? checkbox and then select [DEPOSIT SELECTED CASH UPS].
After choosing, scroll up to the From Site Accounts section. The Deposit Amount field for the selected account will automatically fill with the cash counted in the chosen cash-ups.
Deposit All Cash Within The Account
To enter a deposit for the total balance of cash in the account that the cash is being deposited from, simply select the [DEPOSIT ALL] button against the account balance. This will automatically populate the Deposit Amount field with the total balance.
Upload The Bank Deposit Slip (Optional)
If required, you can upload a PDF or image of the bank deposit slip against the bank deposit record.
To do so, within the bank deposit select [UPLOAD FILE]
Within the Upload File window:
- Folder: Select the File Manager folder to store the file within.
- Title: Enter a title for the file. (Recommendation: Enter the sales date.)
- Tags: If applicable, select tags to assign to the file.
Then select [CHOOSE FILE] and select the file from your device (If using a mobile or tablet device, you can opt to take a photograph to upload) then select [UPLOAD].
The file is now available both within the bank deposit, as well as the selected folder within file manager.
TIP: File Manager Folders can be restricted by section and site. Consider setting up specific Bank Deposit folders per site, to restrict file uploads to bank deposits only at each site.