The bank deposit feature is used to capture when payments received through sales, and confirmed through cash ups, are then deposited into a bank account or other payment account such as the credit card acquirer account.
Bank deposits can be manual or automatic, where typically:
- Manual deposits are done for cash to declare when cash received from sales is being deposited into the bank. Although manual, these can be configured to create in Preparation state automatically to save time creating deposits each day by using the Auto-Generate Pending Cash Deposits feature.
- Automatic Deposits are done for other payment types such as credit card or delivery payments, where the value declared in the cash up is automatically deposited based on the declared value.
When declaring deposits, if required, a scanned copy or photograph of the bank deposit slips can be uploaded against the bank deposit records within Centegra Plus.
Additionally, the Bank Deposit Reconciliation feature should bank deposits to selected accounts need reconciling within Centegra Plus at HQ level.
Bank Deposit States
Information on each of the states that bank deposits flow through:
- Preparation: The bank deposit has been created and can be edited.
- Deposited: The bank deposit has been deposited and cash has moved from site into the bank.
- Reconciled*: The bank deposit has been reconciled against the bank by HQ.
- Completed: The period that the bank deposit falls within has been completed. (If using periods.)
*The Reconciled state is only applicable for deposits against bank accounts enabled for bank deposit reconciliation, as part of the Bank Deposit Reconciliation feature.
Bank Deposit Reporting
The following reports can provide information on bank deposits:
Bank Deposit Articles
For information on using Bank Deposits, see:
- Bank Deposits: Create & Deposit
- Bank Deposits: Deposit Existing
- Bank Deposits: Search
- Bank Deposits: Roll Back
- Bank Deposits: Delete
- Bank Deposits: FAQs & Troubleshooting
For information on additional Bank Deposit features available, see: