How Do I Log Into NCR Silver?
1. To login you must first open the NCR Silver App
2. Once open you will be presented with the following screen where you can enter your four digit pin code and press 'Login':
How Do I Start A New Financial Shift?
1. The first screen you will see is the 'Clock In' screen. Press the 'Clock In' button to create a clock in record:
2. After clocking in you will see the 'home screen' where you will select 'Point of Sale':
3. Once 'Point of Sale' is selected, this message will display and you will need to select 'Yes':
Each member of staff that is on shift that day will need to clock in and create a new financial shift individually. Depending on whether or not you have an in-store Mac Mini Server:
- Your shifts are shared across the tills if you have more than one (with server)
- You need to create a clock in and financial shift on each till (without server)
Viewing Open Activity
When you login you may be presented with a prompt for previous shifts, ensure the manager reviews the previous shifts and open tickets as these should have been closed on the previous days business and will affect the sales in your reporting. The prompt will look like this:
You can choose 'Ignore' and continue creating a new shift, or if you choose 'View Open Activity' you will see the below:
What Happens If I Select Force Close?
Selecting the 'Force Close' option at the top will close everything straight away. You can also choose to view the open orders first and decide what to do with them, and you can operate the clock out and end shift from here.
Note: If you 'Force Close' or choose to pay off the transactions, they will be posted to today's business day rather than the date the order was originally placed so will affect your reporting.