Efficient menu management is a cornerstone of successful establishments, and the Menu Builder feature emerges as a pivotal element in this domain. Whether you're an experienced industry professional or a newcomer navigating the culinary landscape, understanding the ins and outs of menu creation is paramount.
This guide serves as your comprehensive resource for frequently asked questions (FAQs) and troubleshooting tips related to the Menu Builder feature within the Menu Management module. We're here to demystify any uncertainties you may encounter, ensuring you can harness the full potential of this menu creation tool. Let's simplify the complexities of crafting menus centrally within Centegra Plus, empowering your business to thrive through streamlined Menu Management.
If you can't find what you're looking for, Click Here to get in touch with Centegra. We're here to assist.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How Do I Assign Images To Products For Menus?
|How Do I Manage Prices & Tax For Menu Products?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Assign Images To Products For Menus?
Within the Menu Management module, a seamless approach to visual presentation is adopted. Instead of associating images separately with products across various menus, images are centrally assigned to the product within your database. This ensures that all menus featuring the product inherit the designated images, creating a consistent and visually appealing experience.
You have the flexibility to assign multiple images to a product, catering to diverse image requirements across various platforms. When allocating images to products, you have two options:
- Upload image files directly to the product.
- Assign URLs that link to externally hosted images of the product
To upload a menu image against a product:
- Head to Product Management > Products.
- Locate the required product, then select [EDIT] and [PRODUCT].
- Select the Images tab.
Within the Images tab, select [NEW IMAGE] and do one of the following:
- To upload an image file, select [CHOOSE FILE] against Add New Image and select the file.
- To assign a public URL against the product, enter the URL against External Image URL.
Repeat to assign additional images against the product if required.
Against each image shown, you can then define the following:
- Menu Destinations: Select which menu destinations the image can be used for.
- Default: Mark one of the images as the products default image. If a menu destination exists but is not associated with an image, the default image is used.
Select [SAVE & REMAIN] and an image preview will show.
As image specifications differ across menu platforms, Centegra Plus does not impose any validation on the content, ratio, quality, or other aspects of the images. It is your responsibility to ensure that the images align with the requirements and guidelines of each menu destination platform.
In instances where menu destination platforms require approval for images, Centegra Plus has no visibility of the approval process. Any inquiries regarding approval status should be directed to the respective menu destination partner.
How Do I Manage Prices & Tax For Menu Products?
Within the Menu Management module, the pricing and tax information for each product showcased in a menu is configured through Centegra Plus Price Levels.
Default price levels can be assigned to each Menu Destination available to your company. This establishes a default pricing structure for all menus across different fulfilment types at that destination, ensuring pricing consistency across all sites and menus.
If needed, location-specific price level overrides can be applied to sites using the same menu at a destination but with a different pricing structure. These overrides are implemented within the Sites & Destinations tab of the individual menu. For more details, Click Here.
It's important to note that for each available fulfilment type at each menu destination, there are two default price level settings to define:
- Menu Item Price Level: This sets the price level for the standard menu price of a product.
- Modifier Price Level: This establishes the price level for a product when used as a modifier, but only when the modifier price differs from the standard menu price.
Information On Modifier Pricing
When assigning modifiers to modifier groups in the Modifier Groups section, you are prompted to select the Pricing Type for the modifier:
If the Pricing Type is selected as:
- Menu Item Price, then the price of the modifier when presented to the customer will be based on the price level assigned as the destinations Menu Item Price Level.
- Modifier Price, then the price of the modifier when presented to the customer will be based on the price level assigned as the destinations Modifier Price Level.
This approach offers the flexibility to use the same product within the same menu, allowing for distinct pricing scenarios when the product serves as a modifier in different contexts. For instance, consider the product 'Fries' with a standard menu price of £2.
If a customer adds Fries as an optional side to any burger, they encounter an 'Add A Side' modifier group, and Fries is priced at £2.
If a customer selects Fries as a mandatory side in a burger meal deal, part of the 'Select Your Side' modifier group, Fries is priced at £0.
In the setup:
- In 'Add A Side,' Fries uses the Menu Item Price option, linked to the destination's Menu Item Price Level set at £2.
- In 'Select Your Side,' Fries uses the Modifier Price option, linked to the selected destination's Modifier Price Level set at £0."