[Note: In this example we will be using the Bixolon275III printer, the methods described below will apply to other Bixolon models also]
Connecting the Printer to your Network
- Ensure your printer is turned OFF by pressing the power button on the front of the printer.
O = OFF (Picture left)/ I = ON (Pictured right)
- Connect an Ethernet cable that is connected to your Network to back of the printer into the ETHERNET port.
- Turn your printer back ON.
- A successful network connection will result in a solid GREEN light and a blinking ORANGE light above the ethernet cable when your printer is turned on.
Setting up the Receipt Printer in Aloha Cloud
- Open and login to the Aloha Cloud app, select the three lines at the top left and select Settings
- Select Receipt Printers under the Printers heading.
- Select Add Receipt Printer and give it some time to refresh.
- Under Discover new printers you should be able to see the connected BIXOLON printer along side it's IP address.
(If no printers are showing in the list, then select Specify Printer Manually choosing "Using Wireless" adaptor when prompted in the next screen enter the Printer's IP Address. For help obtaining the printer's IP address, please see this guide: How to get the IP address of your printer)
- If printer is showing, or you can see multiple printers, select IDENTIFY to confirm it is the correct printer you wish to use, and your printer will print out a small message to clarify.
- Once confirmed which printer you would like to add select the BIXOLON printer
- Under Printer Settings give your printer a name, eg receipt printer.
- Select Print Test Receipt to confirm connection and your printer will print a confirmation message.
- Select Set As Default if this is your default printer for this device, which will then change to say "This is the default printer" once set.
- Select the Tick in the top right to save these settings.
You can then select <Settings and then Close at the top left to go back.
- Now do a test print from an order to see if it working as it should.